USC Core Instrumentation Fund
The Core Instrumentation Fund supports acquisition of shared instrumentation that enables major research endeavors in the sciences, medicine and engineering. Example areas of interest include, but are not limited to: Microscopy, Genomics, Imaging and Biophysics. The fund is not intended for purchase of computers unless they are integrated with other types of instrumentation.
Who Should Apply to This Announcement
This announcement is for core laboratory directors, who would like to do any of the following:
- Request full funding for equipment acquisition from the university,
- Request matching funds toward an external competition (e.g., the NSF MRI or NIH S10),
- Request matching funds to support the expansion of technical services.
This solicitation is timed to coincide with the NSF MRI acquisition program, and is the only mechanism by which applicants may request matching support from the provost office for an NSF MRI proposal.
2014 Call for Proposals
Download the 2014 Guidelines:
- Type A proposal deadline December 6, 2013 by 5:00pm.
- Type B proposal deadline is open, and proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To start the application process you will need to log in using your USC NetID and password: Begin Online Application.
Important: You may experience problems with the online application if using the browser Internet Explorer. If you experience problems, it is advisable to access the application system through a different browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
For questions regarding the proposal submission process, please contact Dr. Silvia Da Costa in the Office of Research (email@example.com or 213-740-6709).