USC offers an exceptional entrepreneurial environment for conducting high value research for sponsors of all types (corporate, government, foundation and small business) in the form of contracts, grants and gifts. USC’s research relationships offer flexibility and the ability to structure agreements that meet sponsor needs, combining research, education and workforce development when needed. USC’s distinctions include:
• Largest funded research program in computer science among all universities in the United States, and the only U.S. university with more than $100 million in annual computer science research expenditures.
• Most graduate students in science, engineering and health among private research universities in the United States.
• Top rated academic programs, including the top rated school in cinematic arts, a top 10 school of engineering.
• More international students than any other American University
• One of the largest NIH Clinical and Translational Science Institutes; extensive programs for development of medical devices through the Biomimetic Microelectronic Systems Center (BMES) and the Alfred Mann Institute at USC; and strong support for clinical trials through the Health Research Association.
If you are seeking particular skills or expertise for a research relationship, or you have general questions, contact the Office of Research (213-740-4894 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for guidance.
Industry Sponsored Research Centers at USC Include:
Alfred Mann Institute for Biomedical Engineering
Annenberg Innovation Lab
Biomimetic Microelectronic Systems Center
Center for Interactive Smart Oilfield Technologies (CiSoft)
Entertainment Technology Center
Institute for Communication Technology Management
Integrated Media Systems Center (IMSC)
Norman Lear Center