Navigating the University: Research & Resources Management Retreat
Who Should Attend
The Center for Excellence in Research is hosting USC’s Navigating the University: Research & Resources Management retreat. This retreat is intended for research investigators in all disciplines: the sciences, engineering, humanities and social sciences who are wanting to learn about the resources available to them at USC, which includes all new and junior faculty.
CER has brought together USC faculty and staff experts in specific areas to provide knowledge and first-hand experiences in topics such as:
- Research Strategy
- Financial Management and Budgeting
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Clinical Research
- Laboratory Safety
- University Resources
The goal of the retreat is to allow the participants to become successful in managing the resources and people within research labs, enabling significant research that puts investigators on the path toward tenure.
August 19, 2016 │ 8:00 AM- 2:25 PM │ Descanso Gardens, Van de Kamp Hall: 1418 Descanso Drive, La Cañada Flintridge 91011
Management & Mentoring
- Research Strategy, Mahta Moghaddam
- Mentors, Mentees & Mentoring, Charles Gomer
- Collaborative Research & Team Funding, Carolee Winstein
Who Does What?
- TARA- Total Access for Research Administration, Margaret Harrington
- Grant Awards at USC, Nichole Phillips
Where to Get Funding?
- Research Advancement, Steve Moldin
- Technology Transfer, Mike Arciero
- Foundation Funding, Chris Wiedey
SC CTSI/ Running a Research Laboratory
- Clinical Research, Tom Buchanan
- Data Reproducibility & Good Research Practices, Mike Jamieson
- Animal Research, Don Casebolt
- Laboratory Safety, James Gibson
Online Guide Books
Making the Right Moves A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty
Training Scientists to Make the Right Moves A Practical Guide to Develop Programs in Scientific Management