Navigating the University: Research & Resources Management Retreat
Who Should Attend
The Center for Excellence in Research is hosting USC’s Navigating the University: Research & Resources Management retreat. This retreat is intended for research investigators in all disciplines: the sciences, engineering, humanities and social sciences who are wanting to learn about the resources available to them at USC, which includes all new and junior faculty.
CER has brought together USC faculty and staff experts in specific areas to provide knowledge and first-hand experiences in topics such as:
- Research Strategy
- Financial Management and Budgeting
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Clinical Research
- Diversity in Research
- University Resources
The goal of the retreat is to allow the participants to become successful in managing the resources and people within research labs, enabling significant research that puts investigators on the path toward tenure.
August 15, 2017 │ 8:00 AM- 1:30 PM │ Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens, 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108
Management & Mentoring
- Research Strategy, Mark Davis
- Mentors, Mentees & Mentoring, Charles Gomer
- Diversity in Research, Hortensia Amaro
Who Does What?
- USC Systems for Research, Randy Hall
- Grant Awards at USC, Nichole Phillips
- IRB, Institutional Review Board, Julie Slayton
- SC CTSI, Tom Buchanan
Where to Get Funding?
- Research Advancement, Steve Moldin
- Technology Transfer, Jen Dyer
- Foundation Fundraising, Hossein Pourmand
- Training, Randy Hall
Online Guide Books
Making the Right Moves A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty
Training Scientists to Make the Right Moves A Practical Guide to Develop Programs in Scientific Management