NSF-17-591: Inclusion Across the Nation of Communities of Learners of Underrepresented Discoverers in Engineering and Science (NSF INCLUDES) – NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub
Internal Deadline: September 22, 2017, 5pm PDT
External Deadline: November 27, 2017, 5pm PDT
Award Information: Type: Cooperative Agreement
Estimated Number of Awards: 1
Anticipated Amount: $10,500,000
Submission Process: PIs must submit their application as a Limited Submission through the Office of Research Application Portal: https://app.wizehive.com/webform/USCgrants
Materials to submit:
- Single Page Proposal Summary (0.5” margins; single-spaced; font type: Arial, Helvetica, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 1-page limit will be excluded from review.
- CV – (5 pages maximum)
Link to Award: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2017/nsf17591/nsf17591.htm
Who May Serve as PI: Identified in the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), Chapter I.E.
NSF INCLUDES is a comprehensive initiative to enhance U.S. leadership in science and engineering discovery and innovation by seeking and effectively developing STEM talent from all sectors in our society. The NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub is envisioned as a diverse team of organizations with expertise across the various functions needed to support the Design and Development Launch Pilots, Alliances, NSF-funded broadening participation programs and other partners that comprise the NSF INCLUDES National Network.
With this solicitation, NSF invites proposals for an NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub10 designed to manage and provide infrastructure for the NSF INCLUDES National Network. The NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub will be for up to five years, for a maximum of $10.5 million. The NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub will engage the community in a shared NSF INCLUDES vision; provide a platform for partnerships and collaborative action; support evidence-based decision making using shared goals and metrics across the NSF INCLUDES National Network; increase awareness of the Network and provide a platform for increased communication and visibility; and support the capacity for expansion, sustainability and scale of the NSF INCLUDES National Network and its component parts. The ultimate purpose of NSF INCLUDES is to build a Network, whose development is guided by the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub that will ultimately enable collective efforts aimed at increasing the active participation of those who have been traditionally underserved and underrepresented in particular STEM fields or across all fields of STEM.
The NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub is a team with expertise across the various functions needed to support the NSF INCLUDES National Network. These functions are outlined below in three categories:
Communication and Networking Functions: From the beginning the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub should direct efforts toward building the infrastructure for the NSF INCLUDES National Network. The Hub should plan to undertake the following activities:
- facilitate continuous communication and information updates for and with the NSF INCLUDES National Network and the broader STEM community, including technical and communication infrastructure;
- design and launch community-building and collaboration activities (virtual and face-to-face) by convening networks and stakeholders; and
- provide an administrative infrastructure, including staff, to coordinate the activities of the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub and the network.
Network Assistance and Reinforcement Functions: As NSF INCLUDES Alliances and other organizations join the NSF INCLUDES National Network, the NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub should focus attention on assistance and reinforcement activities including the following:
- provide technical assistance for the NSF INCLUDES Alliances and other NSF INCLUDES National Network partners;
- conduct research and write reports in support of the NSF INCLUDES National Network; and
- facilitate shared measurement and data analysis across the NSF INCLUDES National Network.
Visibility and Expansion Functions: The NSF INCLUDES Coordination Hub should provide resources for efforts to:
- focus on expansion and create sustainability within the National Network;
- increase NSF INCLUDES visibility and communicate impact; and
- serve as a repository for funding opportunities, research and knowledge generated by the NSF INCLUDES National Network and stakeholders, evaluation, evaluation strategies and syntheses.
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for updates and other announcements.