Sponsored Research Policies and Forms
A comprehensive list of USC policies is maintained at the University Policies site.
National Institute of Health Awardees The NIH has established a Public Access Policy, which mandates that journal articles that arise from NIH funding must be submitted to PubMed central for open access. Go to Open Access for NIH Funded Research.
Proposal Preparation and Research Administration
PARiS, the PreAward Research Information System, is USC’s new web based system which facilitates the electronic routing, approval and submission of proposals to external sponsors, including Grants.gov. PARis replaces the Proposal Approval Record (PAR). Both PARis and the PAR require approvals from deans or designees.
Important Contracts and Grants forms include:
- Budget Template
- Rates for Fringe Benefits and Overhead
- Minimum Salaries for Graduate Assistants and Postdocs
- Budget Development Guidelines
- 2012 NIH Salary Cap
- Multiple School Division of Overhead
- Recharge Center Policy
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Unobligated Balance of a Fixed Price Contract
- Standard Research Agreement
- Relinquishing Interests and Rights in a Research Agreement
- General Rules of Unavailability for Air Carriers
- Certification of Unavailability for Air Carriers
- Data Management Plans and Archives