Steps for Setting Up an Award and Establishing an Account
Once an award is received or fully executed, DCG will establish or modify the account. To expedite the processing of the award, your research administrator should submit the following documents to DCG as quickly as possible.
Budget identifying object codes
- If satellites will be established (as should be done for multi-school awards), a master budget and individual satellite budget(s) are needed. The master budget should represent the total awarded budget and include the satellites budget(s).
- For effort reporting, PI and key personnel effort must be identified and be consistent with the awarded proposal and budget.
Signed PI Acceptance Memo
- If non-standard terms and conditions were accepted, a memo detailing the terms and obligations will be sent to the PI to document his/her approval. This signed memo needs to be received prior to establishing or modifying an account.
Verification of Regulatory Approval(s)
- If IRB, IACUC or other regulatory approvals are pending, DCG will establish the account but place a restriction on the award. The restriction will be removed upon receipt of approvals.
- If CIRC approval(s) are pending, DCG will not establish or modify an account until approval(s) are secured.
Awards with the above documents will receive priority treatment.