NIH – Tuberculosis Research Units (U19)
USC slots: One
Nominations per school: One
Internal Deadline: December 21, 2012
LOI: January 14, 2013
External Deadline: February 13, 2013
Materials: Candidate’s CV/bio-sketch and a single-page proposal summary
Purpose: The purpose of this FOA is to support the establishment of two to three multinational, multidisciplinary Tuberculosis Research Units (TBRUs) that will operate as a collaborative network to study tuberculosis latency and persistence and their relation to active TB disease, in humans and animal models.
• Funding Instrument: Cooperative Agreement: A support mechanism used when there will be substantial Federal scientific or programmatic involvement. Substantial involvement means that, after award, NIH staff will assist, guide, coordinate, or participate in project activities.
• Application Types Allowed: NEW
• Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards: NIAID intends to commit $10 million in FY 2014 to fund two (2) to three (3) TBRUs.
• Award Budget: Applicants may propose budgets of up to $3.25 million total costs (direct and indirect combined) in FY 2014.
• Award Project Period: 7 years