Office of Research Services
The Office of Research is implementing the University of Southern California’s strategic plan by building interdisciplinary research collaborations that address societal needs and by increasing the impact and prominence of our research. The office invests in research initiatives, promotes our research among sponsors, and provides services that ensure that USC achieves the highest ethical standards in its research.
The office is the university point of contact for these issues:
- Submission of research proposals.
- Identifying sources of research funding, both inside and outside the university.
- Participation in, and initiation of, major inter-disciplinary university research programs and formation of research units.
- Education to prepare investigators for funding strategies and proposal preparation.
- Clearance for research competitions that limit the number of proposals submitted by the University.
- Financial disclosures or conflict of interest statements.
- Complaints pertaining to research misconduct.
These units fall under the Office of Research:
Washington, DC Research Advancement Office
Focused on relations with sponsoring federal agencies and foundations located in the Washington region.
Department of Contracts and Grants
USC Stevens Center for Innovation
USC Stevens is USC’s technology transfer office, and also leads corporate research collaborations.
Office for the Protection of Research Subjects (OPRS)
Develops program-wide policies for the conduct and review of human subjects research at USC, provides education and training and oversees the Institutional Review Boards, which reviews projects involving human subjects research.
Department of Animal Resources
Provision and assurance of appropriate care in all aspects of animal research.
Institute for Creative Technologies
A University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) that merges the creativity of the entertainment industry with computer science to build virtual reality training systems.
The office also coordinates research-related activities in other units of the university, including: