USC offers an exceptional entrepreneurial environment for conducting high value research for sponsors of all types (corporate, government, foundation and small business) in the form of contracts, grants and gifts. USC’s research relationships offer flexibility and the ability to structure agreements that meet sponsor needs, combining research, education and workforce development when needed. USC’s distinctions include:
• Second largest federally funded research program in computer science among all universities in the United States.
• Most graduate students in science, engineering and health among private research universities in the United States.
• Ranked sixth nationally among private universities in innovation by Thomson Reuters.
• Top rated academic programs, including the top rated school in cinematic arts, and #12 school of engineering.
• Second most international students among American Universities
• One of the largest NIH Clinical and Translational Science Institutes; extensive programs for development of medical devices through the Biomimetic Microelectronic Systems Center (BMES) and the Alfred Mann Institute at USC; and strong support for clinical trials through the Clinical Trials Office.
If you are seeking particular skills or expertise for a research relationship, or you have general questions, contact Vasiliki Anest at the USC Stevens Center for Innovation at 213-821-0946 or email@example.com.
Industry Sponsored Research Centers at USC Include:
Alfred Mann Institute for Biomedical Engineering
Alliance for Southern California Innovation
Alzheimer’s Therapeutic Research
Amgen Master Research Collaboration
Annenberg Innovation Lab
Biomimetic Microelectronic Systems Center
Center for Body Computing
Center for Economic Development
Center for Interactive Smart Oilfield Technologies (CiSoft)
Entertainment Technology Center
Institute for Communication Technology Management
Integrated Media Systems Center (IMSC)
Norman Lear Center
Northrop Grumman Institute of Optical Nanomaterials and Nanophotonics
Pfizer Center for Therapeutic Innovation
Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics
USC-Lockheed Martin Quantum Computation Center
USC is a member of these organizations, focused on enabling innovation and application of USC created technology:
Association of Strategic Alliance Professionals (ASAP)
Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM)
Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
California Life Science Association
Licensing Executives Society (LES)
Los Angeles Venture Association
National Academy of Inventors
San Diego Venture Group
University Industry Demonstration Partnership (UIDP)