University of Southern California


Who Does What for Research at USC

For general questions on forming research relationships with USC, contact Silvia da Costa at the Office of Research (

If you need help in establishing an agreement with USC, contact one of the following offices:

Funded Research Agreements (except industry sponsored clinical trials) are executed through USC’s Department of Contracts and Grants (213-740-7762).

Industry Sponsored Clinical Trials are executed through USC’s Clinical Trials Office, located on our Health Science Campus (

Gift Agreements are coordinated by USC Office of Advancement in cooperation with the units that receive the gifts (213-740-2211).

Licensing University Owned Technology and Works is the responsibility of the USC Stevens Center for Innovation (213-821-5000). USC Stevens also handles inbound and outbound material transfer agreements.

For a listing of which USC unit is responsible for each type of contract, consult USC Offices Responsible for Handling Agreements.