Grants Management Training Refresher
The Grants Management Training for Faculty Refresher program is required for select faculty (as well as select non-faculty designated as a named PI/PD, Co-PI, or a Multi-PI) who have only previously completed the older version of Grants Management Training (when it was offered by the Office of Compliance). This new Refresher is an online program (offered through the Trojan Learn platform). It is approximately 1 hour in total duration and consists of seven topical modules (ranging from 5-13 minutes).
The program covers the following topics:
- Appropriate Expenditures and Documentation
- Direct Costs vs. F&A Costs
- Allocation of Costs Between Awards
- Rebudgeting and Prior Approvals
- Expenditures Near Award Expiration
- Conflicts of Interest
How to Launch the Program
- Point your browser to the Trojan Learn portal and log in using your USC ID.
- Under “My Transcript”, click “Open Curriculum” next to the program.
- Click the “Course Modules” tab (on the left side of your screen).
- Click the Launch button to begin each lesson.
You are encouraged to launch the course modules in order (from top to bottom).
At the end of each module, you will be presented with a short quiz. You must complete the quiz in order to trigger the completion of each module.
How Long Do I Have to Complete the Program?
You have until October 31, 2018 to complete the training. If a new grant is awarded (or a modification to a current grant requested) and you have not completed the program, the award will not be processed/modified nor an account identified for funding. We suggest you complete the program as early as possible to avoid any delays in processing an award.
You are encouraged to load the Browser Check feature inside of Trojan Learn before beginning the program. The Browser Check will identify if your computer and browser meet the minimum requirements to launch the modules and it will let you know if popups are disabled on your browser (popups must be enabled to launch the program).
Trojan Learn recommends using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
- Internet Explorer may not work when launching this program.
- Google Chrome’s most recent update may cause audio silence on certain slides. When this occurs, simply hit the “Back” button and the audio will resume as normal for the rest of the course.
For Technical Assistance
Contact: Trojan Learn Help Desk
Phone: (213) 740-8648
For Program Assistance
Contact: Noah Congelliere
Phone: (213) 740-7392