How Do I Close Out A Subaward?
The University PI should contact the subrecipient 90 days prior to the end of the period of performance to confirm the status of the project. To successfully close out the subaward, the University PI must:
- Follow up on late or missing reports or deliverables
- Obtain the final invoice – clearly marked “FINAL”
- Send a copy of the approved final invoice to Accounts Payable for processing.
(Please Note: Any outstanding issues with the subrecipient should be resolved prior to approving the final invoice for processing.)
The DCG close-out process includes:
- Review of the Subaward Release From submitted by subrecipient
- Ensure review and processing of the approved final invoice for payment
- Conduct audit of the subaward (if necessary)