USC Awards to Fund Your Research
Who Should Attend
Course is designed for new and established USC investigators who are interested in internal funding for their research and innovations. Open to faculty and postdocs.
Workshop about the internal funding opportunities available to USC researchers. Awards for faculty range from $10-300K and support research, technology development and equipment purchases. Guidelines and tips on how to be successful will be discussed.
Awards to be covered:
- Zumberge Award Individual awards help newer faculty launch their research careers, and support research in areas with limited external funding opportunities through grants of up to $30,000. Interdisciplinary awards of up to $85,000 foster collaborative efforts among faculty from different schools and disciplines that lead to sustained interdisciplinary research programs and projects.
- Collaboration Fund supports research collaboration among faculty and students working on interdisciplinary research topics, such as water, neuroscience, genomics, digital humanities, or climate change.
- Ming Hsieh seeks proposals that will initiate multi-disciplinary research teams employing computational biology, protein chemistry, physics, chemistry, pharmacology, and/or engineering, for the purpose of developing new treatments or diagnostics for patients with cancer.
- Core Instrumentation Fund supports acquisition of shared instrumentation that enables major research endeavors in the sciences, medicine and engineering.
- Technology Advancement Grants (TAGs) support early stage technologies invented at USC through validation or proof-of-concept development. The awards add value to unlicensed USC owned technology, aiming to increase the probability of obtaining a license in the future.
Silvia da Costa, Director of Faculty Research Relations, Office of Research
Mike Arciero, Director, Licensing, USC Stevens Center for Innovation
Three sessions varying in time, depending on location.
- September 29, 2017 | 11:45 – 1:00 PM | Location: Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA), Saban Auditorium
- October 11, 2017 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM | Location: University Park Campus (UPC), Verna & Peter Dauterive(VPD), Room 302
- October 12, 2017 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM | Location: Health Science Campus (HSC), Norris Medical Library (NML), West Conference Room
To register, please RSVP at least one week prior to the first class via email, indicating the course(s) you are attending, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about workshops, contact the office at 213-740-6709.