NIH Grants: Strategies to Get Funded
Who Should Attend
The workshop is designed for new and established USC investigators; it is also open to post-docs.
The course will provide insights on strategies to improve grant competiveness. Topics will include:
- Using the NIH CRISP RePORTER database in the grant writing process;
- The importance of addressing the needs of the funding agency;
- Benefits of registering as an Early Stage Investigator;
- Choosing the right study section for which to submit your grant; how to identify study section members;
- The importance of the Specific Aims page: Who is the target audience? What information should be included?
Although the program focus is on NIH grants, the information presented is applicable to multiple funding agencies.
Silvia da Costa, Ph.D., Office of Research, Director of Faculty Research Relations
One 2 hour session.
April 23, 2015 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM | Location: Health Sciences Campus (HSC), Norris Medical Library (NML), West Conference Room
To register, please RSVP at least one week prior to the first class via email, indicating the course(s) you are attending, to email@example.com.
For information about workshops, contact the office at 213-740-6709.