Policies and Procedures
In this section you will find information for USC investigators on:
- Important USC policies related to sponsored projects.
- Who does what to support sponsored research? See responsibilities.
- How to submit proposals through Contracts and Grants.
- How to submit a proposal and financial/legal aspects of proposals (see sponsored research)
- What are the procedures for establishing and governing cross-school research institutes & centers.
- How to comply with USC’s policies related to research ethics.
- What to do if a sponsor places an institutional limit on the number of proposals that USC is permitted to submit.
- How and why to register for Clinicaltrials.gov.
Contact the Office of Research at 213-740-6709 if you have questions on any of USC’s procedures.
The Office of Research also offers a series of classes for investigators on funding strategies and specific research sponsors through the Center for Excellence in Research.