Rita Allen Foundation Scholars Program
Internal Deadline: Contact the Office of Research if interested.
LOI: December 8, 2017
External Deadline: January 19, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST
Award Information: Type: Grant
Estimated Number of Awards: 5
Anticipated Amount: Up to $110,000 annually, for a period of up to five years
Submission Process: PIs must submit their application as a Limited Submission through the Office of Research Application Portal: https://app.wizehive.com/webform/USCgrants
Materials to submit:
- Single Page Proposal Summary (0.5” margins; single-spaced; font type: Arial, Helvetica, or Georgia typeface; font size: 11 pt). Page limit includes references and illustrations. Pages that exceed the 1-page limit will be excluded from review.
- CV – (5 pages maximum)
Link to Award: http://ritaallen.org/apply/
Who May Serve as PI: • Candidates should be independent investigators in the early stages of their careers and research.
- The caliber of early-stage investigators suggests nominees would be appointed to tenure-track positions at their respective institutions.
- It is preferable that candidates be in the first three years of their tenure track (the Scientific Advisory Committee takes this into consideration in their rating of applicants).
- Candidates must have received committed startup funds from their respective institutions.
- Candidates must have lab space from their institutions
- A senior postdoc should not be a candidate; wait until s/he is in a tenure-track position, as described.
- Associate professors should not be candidates.
- Candidates nominated in previous years should not be re-nominated.
The Rita Allen Foundation Scholars program funds basic biomedical research in the fields of cancer, immunology and neuroscience. By investing in early-career biomedical scholars and their research, we aim to advance transformative ideas and leverage them to promote breakthrough solutions. We seek research projects with above-average risk that challenge the status quo. Our Scholars work at the frontiers of knowledge in cancer, immunology and neuroscience.
Visit our Institutionally Limited Submission webpage for updates and other announcements.