USC Statistics & Rankings
• Ranked #10 among private research universities in federally funded research expenditures.
• #15 in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education ranking of American colleges and universities, and #23 in the US News and World Report ranking of national universities.
• #14 worldwide in the Thomson Reuters innovation ranking of American universities (#6 among private American universities).
• USC ranks #2 in the nation in federally sponsored computer science research expenditures, with a growing component devoted to health topics, including health information management, virtual therapeutic systems, and health information discovery.
• Largest graduate program among all American universities in the STEM fields, and 12,000 students overall enrolled in health‐related majors.
• Second largest federally funded research program in computer science among all American universities.
• Second most international student population among all American universities.
• Student aid budget of more than $400 million, which is among the largest in the country.