USC Symposium on Digital Media: Research, Education and Innovation
Welcome! I am pleased to have you participate in the USC Symposium on Digital Media. The symposium invites USC faculty to discuss the next generation of digital media, and USC’s strategy for building leadership at the intersection of technology, content, policy and business. The symposium will cover these topics through a highly interactive, and digital media enabled, format: Look Inside, Look Outside, Digital Tensions, and Moving Forward.
Joining us will be Peter Chernin, Chairman and CEO of the Chernin Group, as our keynote speaker.
At the event, we’ll be providing “QR Codes” to access information on the conference and attendees. You are encouraged to download software to enable your smartphone or tablet to read these codes. Instructions are provided below.
I look forward to a very successful event.
Randolph W. Hall, Vice President of Research
QR Code Instructions
1. Locate your choice of app through Apple iTunes/ Android Market.
2. Install the program as instructed.
3. Open the application and start scanning QR codes by using the camera on your device.
Backchannel Communication Tool
Backchannel is a real-time interactive tool for conversing during a presentation. Audience members are encouraged to participate and join-in with questions or comments in parallel with the presentation.
1. Click on the Backchannel link and select the day (Day 1 or Day 2) in which you are attending
2. You will be prompted to enter your 1) Name and 2) Affiliation (department)
3. Select submit
Agenda for December 7th and 8th, 2012
List of Attendees
Digital Media Presentation
IMSC Big Data Activities, Cyrus Shahabi
Technique and Technology, Scott Fisher
Annenberg Innovation Lab, Jonatahn Taplin