Eileen Crimmins and Manuel Pastor have been elected to the American Academy of Arts and Sciences
The prestigious honorary society recognizes exceptional individuals from academia, the arts, industry, public policy and research and engages them in addressing significant global and national challenges.
Small ‘good cholesterol’ particles may have a role in Alzheimer’s prevention
First-ever study to measure high-density lipoprotein particle numbers in spinal fluid led by Keck School of Medicine of USC.
A protein that enables us to detect cold and menthol may also be key to migraine headaches
The laboratory findings point to a target for new treatments that could mean relief for millions suffering from debilitating pain.
Newborn cells in the epileptic brain provide a potential target for treatment
A study led by USC Stem Cell and the USC Neurorestoration Center presents evidence that adults can replenish at least some of what they’ve lost by generating new brain cells, and that this process is dramatically altered in patients with long-term epilepsy.
Scientists discover genetic variants that speed up and slow down brain aging
The findings from USC-led consortium ENIGMA of 15 “hot spots” in the genome could provide new drug targets to resist developmental delays, Alzheimer’s disease and other degenerative brain disorders.
Research at USC
The mission of the Office of Research at the University of Southern California is to nurture and promote ethical and rigorous research, scholarship, creativity, and innovation to benefit society.
Department of Animal Resources
DAR provides provides animal procurement, daily animal care, animal health care, and scientific support for USC programs using animals in research and teaching.
Department of Contracts and Grants
DCG supports the research administration process, ensuring it’s consistent with university standards for academic freedom, research ethics, and fiscal responsibility.
Institute for Creative Technologies
ICT is a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) that merges film and game industry artists together with computer and social scientists to study and develop immersive media.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
IACUC oversees USC’s animal programs, animal facilities, and policies ensuring appropriate care, ethical use and humane treatment of animals.
Office for the Protection of Research Subjects
OPRS develops program-wide policies for the conduct and review of human subjects research at USC, provides education and training, and oversees the Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
Office of Research Advancement
ORA works with faculty and teams on developing large-scale and interdisciplinary research proposals and informing researchers about federally-funded research programs.
Office of Research Initiatives and Facilities
ORIF supports investigators through internal award programs, limited submissions, shared resources, as well as faculty training via the Center for Excellence in Research.
Office of Research Integrity
ORI fosters a culture of integrity within the entire USC research community by educating investigators about responsible conduct in research and laboratory practices.
Research Technology Services
RTS maintains and supports diSClose (for managing conflicts of interest) and iStar (for research with human subjects, animals, and biohazardous and radioactive substances).
USC Stevens Center for Innovation
USC Stevens is USC’s technology transfer office and also licenses discoveries, promotes entrepreneurship, stimulates innovation and leads corporate research collaborations.
Research and Scholarship
Find resources for managing scholarly inquiry, including guidelines and policies, a list of centers and institutes, available shared resources, funding opportunities, research training, and COVID-19 research continuity resources.
Find resources for research administration, including information on key financial concepts, guides through the proposal and award lifecycle, grants management tools, and how to maintain research compliance.
- COMMENCEMENT 2022: USC Viterbi graduate Patricia Garcia is winning accolades for her company that allows students to thrift their logo clothing and other branded items.
- COMMENCEMENT 2022: Abby Erckenbrack says the lessons she learned and friendships she formed will last a lifetime.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to address American universities Monday on future of higher ed in UkraineAt 8 a.m. PDT, the Association of American Universities will livestream the speech on how American universities and Ukraine can work together to rebuild the country's higher ed sector; a Q&A follows.
- COMMENCEMENT 2022: USC alumni return to their alma mater to watch their children receive degrees of their own.
- Zumberge Research Coordination & Team Building AwardThe Office of Research is launching a new Zumberge grant program! The Zumberge Research Coordination & Team Building (RCTB) Award provides opportunities to foster new collaborations between USC faculty, as well as…
- Monthly Update – April 2022Cases in Los Angeles County continue to rise; however, hospitalizations due to COVID-19 remain relatively low. At USC, many protocols (including masking) are optional in most settings. Masking is still…
- Monthly Update – March 2022As of March 7, 2022, indoor masking is strongly recommended, but not required, for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals to protect them against COVID-19. Masking is still required in some areas…