Scientists link ‘forever chemical’ exposure to development of liver cancer
“Liver cancer is one of the most serious endpoints in liver disease and this is the first study in humans to show that PFAS are associated with this disease,” says lead author Jesse Goodrich, a postdoctoral researcher at the USC’s Keck School of Medicine.
Phone Carrier That Doesn’t Track Browsing or Location
Wired has featured a new company and app, Invisv, that protects a smartphone user from location tracking, developed and launched by Barath Raghavan and Paul Schmitt of USC Information Sciences Institute.
Groundbreaking study shows substantial differences in brain structure in people with anorexia
New findings from the largest study to date by an international group of neuroscience experts show significant reductions in grey matter in people with anorexia nervosa.
Research award accelerates USC’s work on next-generation cell therapy for prostate cancer
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine awarded $5.8 million to researchers in the Jane Ann Nohl Division of Hematology at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
First part of $30 million grant awarded to USC Team for stroke project by National Institutes of Health
Researchers at Keck School of Medicine of USC move experimental drug closer to approval for clinical use.
Research at USC
The mission of the Office of Research at the University of Southern California is to nurture and promote ethical and rigorous research, scholarship, creativity, and innovation to benefit society.
Department of Animal Resources
DAR provides provides animal procurement, daily animal care, animal health care, and scientific support for USC programs using animals in research and teaching.
Department of Contracts and Grants
DCG supports the research administration process, ensuring it’s consistent with university standards for academic freedom, research ethics, and fiscal responsibility.
Institute for Creative Technologies
ICT is a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC) that merges film and game industry artists together with computer and social scientists to study and develop immersive media.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
IACUC oversees USC’s animal programs, animal facilities, and policies ensuring appropriate care, ethical use and humane treatment of animals.
Office for the Protection of Research Subjects
OPRS develops program-wide policies for the conduct and review of human subjects research at USC, provides education and training, and oversees the Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
Office of Research Advancement
ORA works with faculty and teams on developing large-scale and interdisciplinary research proposals and informing researchers about federally-funded research programs.
Office of Research Initiatives and Facilities
ORIF supports investigators through internal award programs, limited submissions, shared resources, as well as faculty training via the Center for Excellence in Research.
Office of Research Integrity
ORI fosters a culture of integrity within the entire USC research community by educating investigators about responsible conduct in research and laboratory practices.
Research Technology Services
RTS maintains and supports diSClose (for managing conflicts of interest) and iStar (for research with human subjects, animals, and biohazardous and radioactive substances).
USC Stevens Center for Innovation
USC Stevens is USC’s technology transfer office and also licenses discoveries, promotes entrepreneurship, stimulates innovation and leads corporate research collaborations.
Research and Scholarship
Find resources for managing scholarly inquiry, including guidelines and policies, a list of centers and institutes, available shared resources, funding opportunities, research training, and COVID-19 research continuity resources.
Find resources for research administration, including information on key financial concepts, guides through the proposal and award lifecycle, grants management tools, and how to maintain research compliance.
- Cater Lee was frustrated with the reactive nature of TV news, the prioritization of car chases and the portrayal of communities as "dangerous" without any context. USC Annenberg's specialized journalism program completely changed how she sees her industry.
- A common manufactured substance may elevate risk of liver cancer, Keck School of Medicine of USC researchers find.
- Rylan Pozniak Daniels of the USC Iovine and Young Academy is using augmented and virtual reality make astronauts' work easier.
- The 186 students making up the Keck School of Medicine of USC's Class of 2026 donned their white coats for the first time.
- Monthly Update – June 2022Covid-19 cases continue to be tracked and contact traced at USC. As a reminder, if any employee or student has been on campus in the 48 hours prior to symptoms,…
- Core Instrumentation Special Solicitation – Small EquipmentThe Core Instrumentation Fund Special Solicitation – Small Equipment aims to provide USC researchers with greater access to shared equipment and key resources, including datasets and repositories, in addition to core instrumentation…
- Zumberge Research Coordination & Team Building AwardThe Office of Research is launching a new Zumberge grant program! The Zumberge Research Coordination & Team Building (RCTB) Award provides opportunities to foster new collaborations between USC faculty, as well as…