2023 Ming Hsieh Institute Research Award Recipients
The Ming Hsieh Institute Research Award (MHIRA) promotes the integration of engineering, scientific, and medical research that advances novel thinking and the interdisciplinary and collaborative research needed to speed discovery and be translated into human health improvements.
USC’s Awardees for 2023 Collaborative Research Planning Program
The Collaborative Research Planning Award (CRPA) supports the creation of multidisciplinary research teams, bringing together several disciplines to provide a broad range of expertise and generate creative solutions to solve real-world problems.
USC Stevens Center and IntelliMicro Discuss Future Commercialization Opportunities
In August, the Stevens Center’s interim executive director, Dr. Steven Moldin, and senior tech licensing manager, Bonnie Phan Wolfe, hosted IntelliMicro Medical Co. to discuss future collaborations focused on the commercialization of medical devices.
Monthly Update – August 2023
Through collaboration and innovative work, you make discoveries and develop solutions across all our campuses every day. You enable USC to be a preeminent research institution and help realize President Folt’s Moonshots.
USC Launches an Innovative Internal Research Funding Program
The first six inaugural USC SBIR/STTR internal funding program grants were awarded after the program’s introduction this year.
USC Research and Innovation (R&I) at USC
The mission of USC Research and Innovation (R&I) at the University of Southern California is to nurture and promote ethical and rigorous research, scholarship, creativity, and innovation to benefit society.
Alfred E. Mann Institute
USC AMI bridges the gap between biomedical innovation and the creation of commercially successful medical products to improve and save lives.
Department of Animal Resources
DAR provides animal procurement, daily animal care, animal health care, and scientific support for USC programs using animals in research and teaching.
Department of Contracts and Grants
DCG supports the research administration process, ensuring it’s consistent with university standards for academic freedom, research ethics, and fiscal responsibility.
Human Research Protection Program
HRPP develops program-wide policies for the conduct and review of human subjects research at USC, provides education and training, and oversees the Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
IACUC oversees USC’s animal programs, animal facilities, and policies ensuring appropriate care, ethical use and humane treatment of animals.
Research Initiatives and Infrastructure
RII supports investigators through internal funding programs, limited submissions, shared resources, as well as faculty training via the Center for Excellence in Research.
ORI fosters a culture of integrity within the entire USC research community by educating investigators about responsible conduct in research and laboratory practices.
Research Strategy and Development
RSD works with faculty and teams on developing large-scale and interdisciplinary research proposals and informing researchers about federally-funded research programs.
Research Technology Services
RTS maintains and supports diSClose (for managing conflicts of interest) and iStar (for research with human subjects, animals, and biohazardous and radioactive substances).
Stevens Center for Innovation
USC Stevens is USC’s technology transfer office and also licenses discoveries, promotes entrepreneurship, stimulates innovation and leads corporate research collaborations.
Research and Scholarship
Find resources for managing scholarly inquiry, including guidelines and policies, a list of centers and institutes, available shared resources, funding opportunities, research training, and COVID-19 research continuity resources.
Research Happening Across USC
- Defense Department awards nearly $27M for USC-led coalition to boost microelectronics production for 5G/6GThe funds for the Microelectronics Commons project support a USC-led hub involving 16 other university, community college and corporate collaborators. The post Defense Department awards nearly $27M for USC-led coalition to boost microelectronics production for 5G/6G appeared first on USC Today.
- New USC Price School research shows how shutdowns hamper policy implementation, damage morale and cause employee turnover. The post How U.S. government shutdowns harm federal workers appeared first on USC Today.
- New platform will give advisors a “360-degree view” of student need based on data and trends. The post Advise USC marks university’s largest investment in academic advising in a generation appeared first on USC Today.
- ONE Archives exhibit, film screenings and more also scheduled during October. The post USC students to kick off LGBTQ+ History Month events with ‘unapologetically queer’ PrideFest appeared first on USC Today.
Find resources for research administration, including information on key financial concepts, guides through the proposal and award lifecycle, grants management tools, and how to maintain research compliance.
- USC Announces 2023 Ming Hsieh Institute Research Award RecipientsThe USC Office of Research and Innovation (R&I) has converged with the Ming Hsieh Institute for Research on Engineering-Medicine for Cancer (MHI) to create the Ming Hsieh Institute Research Award, … Read more
- USC’s Awardees for 2023 Collaborative Research Planning ProgramThe USC Research and Innovation (R&I) office strives to support faculty in their research endeavors and position them to successfully pursue external funding opportunities. R&I’s robust internal funding programs promote … Read more
- USC Stevens Center and IntelliMicro Discuss Future Commercialization OpportunitiesIn August, the Stevens Center’s interim executive director, Dr. Steven Moldin, and senior tech licensing manager, Bonnie Phan Wolfe, hosted IntelliMicro Medical Co.’s Chairman of the Board, Xiang Zhen Fei, … Read more