USC-led program awarded $15 million by U.S. Department of Transportation
USC’s METRANS Transportation Consortium has been awarded a grant from the USDOT to lead the US Region 9 research, education and technology transfer program.
New NSF Center on Soil Research Launched
USC to lead Industry-University Cooperative Research Center for Soil Technologies.
Keck School of Medicine study finds “forever chemicals” disrupt key biological processes
Exposure to a mixture of chemicals called PFAS leads to alterations in biological processes associated with a broad range of diseases.
Scientists aim to catalyze USC drug discovery using workshops and new technology
Scientists at USC Dornsife and the USC Michelson Center for Convergent Bioscience are hoping to spark drug research across the university by hosting a series of workshops starting Friday.
Using Robots to Fight Toxic Algae
USC computer scientists and biologists have teamed up to tackle harmful algae blooms using “smart” robots
USC Research and Innovation (R&I) at USC
The mission of USC Research and Innovation (R&I) at the University of Southern California is to nurture and promote ethical and rigorous research, scholarship, creativity, and innovation to benefit society.
Department of Animal Resources
DAR provides provides animal procurement, daily animal care, animal health care, and scientific support for USC programs using animals in research and teaching.
Department of Contracts and Grants
DCG supports the research administration process, ensuring it’s consistent with university standards for academic freedom, research ethics, and fiscal responsibility.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
IACUC oversees USC’s animal programs, animal facilities, and policies ensuring appropriate care, ethical use and humane treatment of animals.
Office for the Protection of Research Subjects
OPRS develops program-wide policies for the conduct and review of human subjects research at USC, provides education and training, and oversees the Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
Office of Research Advancement
ORA works with faculty and teams on developing large-scale and interdisciplinary research proposals and informing researchers about federally-funded research programs.
Research Initiatives and Infrastructure
RII supports investigators through internal award programs, limited submissions, shared resources, as well as faculty training via the Center for Excellence in Research.
Office of Research Integrity
ORI fosters a culture of integrity within the entire USC research community by educating investigators about responsible conduct in research and laboratory practices.
Research Technology Services
RTS maintains and supports diSClose (for managing conflicts of interest) and iStar (for research with human subjects, animals, and biohazardous and radioactive substances).
Stevens Center for Innovation
USC Stevens is USC’s technology transfer office and also licenses discoveries, promotes entrepreneurship, stimulates innovation and leads corporate research collaborations.
Research and Scholarship
Find resources for managing scholarly inquiry, including guidelines and policies, a list of centers and institutes, available shared resources, funding opportunities, research training, and COVID-19 research continuity resources.
Find resources for research administration, including information on key financial concepts, guides through the proposal and award lifecycle, grants management tools, and how to maintain research compliance.
- John Armistead is using the tech and design skills he’s acquiring at the USC Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy to improve the lives — and minds — of athletes.
- TITLE IX: Hanna Reisler, who arrived at USC Dornsife the year the groundbreaking legislation became law, worked to help women succeed in science and engineering.
- The USC School of Dramatic Arts professor has thrived as an actor-writer.
- Study examines if an outpatient, nonsurgical endoscopic procedure can help patients stabilize blood glucose levels without the need for medication or insulin.
- New Funding OpportunitiesUSC Research and Innovation (R&I) grant programs are tailored to support a diverse range of research areas, scholarship, and artistic and cultural expression and are currently under revision, with new…
- Monthly Update – February 2023Funding opportunities: USC Research and Innovation (R&I) grant programs are tailored to support a diverse range of research areas, scholarship, and artistic and cultural expression and are currently under revision, with new…
- Monthly Update – January 2023Funding opportunities: Research Initiatives and Infrastructure (RII) administers grants and award programs offered by USC Research and Innovation. Grant programs are tailored to support a diverse range of research areas, scholarship, and…