DHS Renews CREATE’s BOA for Five-Year Term
The renewed BOA will support up to $8 million in new research on threats to homeland security.
USC School of Pharmacy, Department of Biomedical Engineering announce naming gifts
The gift from innovator Alfred E. Mann will expand USC’s activities at the intersection of health sciences and engineering.
Award-Winning Student Startup Aims to Revolutionize Brand Deals
A computer science and economics duo has created a software company that streamlines the influencer brand deal process.
Scientists link ‘forever chemical’ exposure to development of liver cancer
“Liver cancer is one of the most serious endpoints in liver disease and this is the first study in humans to show that PFAS are associated with this disease,” says lead author Jesse Goodrich, a postdoctoral researcher at the USC’s Keck School of Medicine.
Phone Carrier That Doesn’t Track Browsing or Location
Wired has featured a new company and app, Invisv, that protects a smartphone user from location tracking, developed and launched by Barath Raghavan and Paul Schmitt of USC Information Sciences Institute.
Research at USC
The mission of the Office of Research at the University of Southern California is to nurture and promote ethical and rigorous research, scholarship, creativity, and innovation to benefit society.
Department of Animal Resources
DAR provides provides animal procurement, daily animal care, animal health care, and scientific support for USC programs using animals in research and teaching.
Department of Contracts and Grants
DCG supports the research administration process, ensuring it’s consistent with university standards for academic freedom, research ethics, and fiscal responsibility.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
IACUC oversees USC’s animal programs, animal facilities, and policies ensuring appropriate care, ethical use and humane treatment of animals.
Office for the Protection of Research Subjects
OPRS develops program-wide policies for the conduct and review of human subjects research at USC, provides education and training, and oversees the Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
Office of Research Advancement
ORA works with faculty and teams on developing large-scale and interdisciplinary research proposals and informing researchers about federally-funded research programs.
Office of Research Initiatives and Facilities
ORIF supports investigators through internal award programs, limited submissions, shared resources, as well as faculty training via the Center for Excellence in Research.
Office of Research Integrity
ORI fosters a culture of integrity within the entire USC research community by educating investigators about responsible conduct in research and laboratory practices.
Research Technology Services
RTS maintains and supports diSClose (for managing conflicts of interest) and iStar (for research with human subjects, animals, and biohazardous and radioactive substances).
Stevens Center for Innovation
USC Stevens is USC’s technology transfer office and also licenses discoveries, promotes entrepreneurship, stimulates innovation and leads corporate research collaborations.
Research and Scholarship
Find resources for managing scholarly inquiry, including guidelines and policies, a list of centers and institutes, available shared resources, funding opportunities, research training, and COVID-19 research continuity resources.
Find resources for research administration, including information on key financial concepts, guides through the proposal and award lifecycle, grants management tools, and how to maintain research compliance.
- Tens of thousands of Trojans have taken part in the continuing effort.
- The Leapfrog Top Teaching Hospital national designation recognizes the institution for outstanding quality and safety.
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and the Keck School of Medicine of USC team up on dozens of important research programs.
- A graduate of Occidental College, Heitman worked at Brown University and University of California, Irvine, before joining USC in 1982.
- President’s Sustainability Research AwardThe Office of Research is happy to announce a Request for Proposals for a new USC award program – the President’s Sustainability Research Award (PSRA). BACKGROUND: Integrating sustainability as a core value…
- Monthly Update – October 2022Core Facility news – new equipment! A state-of-the-art micro CT scanner is now available in Viterbi Structures and Materials Research Laboratory (SMRL)! One of only two such machines on the West Coast, it is capable of…
- Appointment of Dr. Steven Moldin as Interim Associate Vice President of Research Strategy and InnovationDear USC Research Community, I am pleased to share the appointment of Dr. Steven Moldin as Interim Associate Vice President of Research Strategy and Innovation (AVP-RSI) in the Office…