The USC Office of Research offers a wide range of information on funding sources for research and other scholarly projects, specifically for faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and research administrators. Below are several funding tools to assist research endeavors.
Researchers seeking funding opportunities can use sponsored research opportunity databases to locate funding awards for which they are eligible.
Government Agency Funding Opportunities
- Federal Agency Sponsored Research Databases
- Other Federal Agency Sponsored Research Sites
- State of California Sponsored Research Opportunities
Institutionally Limited External Competitions
These are competitions for awards by outside agencies for which USC can nominate a limited number of candidates. Applications for any of the awards listed here must go through an internal review process and receive approval from the USC administration prior to submission to the sponsoring agency. Moreover, internal USC application deadlines are typically at least one month in advance of the sponsoring agency’s own deadlines, given the time required for the internal review process.
- Current Institutionally Limited External Competitions
- Open Institutionally Limited External Competitions
- Closed Institutionally Limited External Competitions
Internal Research Awards Across the University (current and recurring)
Comprehensive List of Research Websites for Each School