Workshops & Training
ONLINE TRAINING, COURSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
A search tool has been developed for USC faculty, PIs, postdocs, students, research staff and lab technicians. This tool is a comprehensive matrix for training courses that are required and suggested for University research compliance.
This online course provides faculty, staff and students with an overview of the processes, committees and departments that clinical investigators work with throughout the submission, review, approval and conduct of human subject studies or clinical trials at USC. A Quick Guide is available.
The Office of Research is sponsoring a Clinical Research Coordinator Certification prep-course and exam, given by the Society for Clinical Research (SOCRA), on Feb 5 and 6, 2015.
CER-RESEARCH COURSES FOR FACULTY AND RESEARCHERS
In addition to USC faculty led workshops, the Office of Research, through the Center for Excellence in Research, offers training to faculty and staff to become more effective in managing and initiating research.
A full calendar of events are listed below, or you can download the Fall 2014 CER Flyer.
FALL 2014 WORKSHOPS AND COURSES AVAILABLE
- What Investors Want: The Why & How of Elevator Pitches & Business Plans NEW
- Obtaining Foundation Funding
- Telling Your Story: The Power of Narrative in Communicating Your Science
- Mission Agency Funding – DHS, DOD, DOE, ED, EPA, FAA, FHWA, NASA, NOAA, NIST & USDA
- Writing Compelling NSF Proposals
- Become a Successful Digital Scholar
- Developing Funded Research Programs
- Leverage Crowdfunding
- Developing NIH Grant Applications
- Obtaining Department of Defense Medical Research Funding NEW- HSC Location
- Writing Persuasive Proposals Three Sessions
- How to Prepare for an Academic Position: A Workshop for Postdocs
- A Practical Guide for ChIP-seq Data Analysis
- Good Research Practices (GRP): Why is This Important for Researchers in Academia
- Utilize Digital & Social Media Data to Inform Your Research
- Early Career Young Investigator Award Proposal Workshop
- Obtaining Department of Defense Medical Research Funding NEW- UPC Location
- Increase the Reach of Your Research
- Writing a Fundable NIH K Series Application NEW- HSC Location
- Pathways to Corporate Research Funding
Previously Offered Workshops
Proposal Development & Writing
Funding Opportunities & Strategies
- NIH Grants: Strategies to Get Funded
- Strategizing Survival in the Current Research Funding Climate
Research Preparing & Training
- Orientation to Clinical Research at USC
- Designing a Clinical Trial
- How and Why of Contracted Research Agreements
- Responsible Conduct of Research Training
Research Talks & Discussions
- Creativity and Collaboration in the Academy
- A Methodological Guide to Publishing Quantitative Research in the Social & Behavioral Sciences
- A Panel on Wireless Technologies & Their Potential for Health & Health Related Research
- Research Commercialization and SBIR Center (workshops on tech transfer and commercialization for faculty)
To register, please RSVP at least one week prior to the first class via email, indicating the course(s) you are attending, to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about workshops, contact the office at 213-740-6709.