TARA is USC’s “Total Access for Research Administration” system, supporting management of research awards, proposals, core laboratories and regulatory protocols. TARA includes:
Kuali Coeus (KC) – Manage awards and prepare and submit proposals.
- KC Award: Where Is…?
- PI Guide to KC Post Award
- KC Researcher’s Post-Award Quick Guide
- Pre Award- Launching Fall, 2013
Kuali Financial (KFS) – Manage accounts and finances.
Financial Projection System (FiPS) – Project expenditures and analyze changes in budgets.
- FiPS is available for user testing
Effort Certification – Verify effort on sponsored projects.
- Spring 2014
iStar – Submit and track IRB protocols.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) – Submit and track IACUC protocols.
- Currently in beta testing phase
- 100% usage by June 30, 2013
diSClose – Submit and track Conflict of Interest disclosures.
iSafety – Radiation and BioSafety — Submit and track protocols.
- Radiation- Launching July 31, 2013
- Biological- Launching April 30, 2013
CORES – Service Center Recharge
- Introduction to Cores
- Form to register core laboratory
- CORES Quick Guide – How to Give Account Permission to Another User
- CORES Quick Guide – How to Understand an Invoice
- CORES Quick Guide – How to Approve or Dispute Invoice
- CORES Quick Guide – How to Reserve a Core Device
- CORES Quick Guide – How to Issue a Refund
Intellectual Property Management
USC is licensing software from Wellspring to manage intellectual property through USC Stevens Center for Innovation.
- Launching Summer, 2013
TARA provides these features:
- Simplifies proposal generation, submission and management;
- Enables submission of higher quality proposals that can improve our proposal success rate;
- Increases efficiency and responsiveness in post-award processes;
- Eliminates the need for redundant effort in departments and institutes.
We are committed to building a system that allows investigators to focus on their research, and that enables research administrators to maximize their effectiveness.
For any questions regarding USC TARA – Total Access Research for Research Administration implementation at USC, please email the Office of Research email@example.com.